Product estimated ship date of 6 weeks. Order cannot be cancelled for any reason.
Often Imitated, Never Duplicated.
Let us preface by boldly stating this is NOT a universal product, but rather handcrafted to fit the Volkswagen MK8 Golf R accurately and specifically. Isn’t that such a refreshing statement? Gone are the days of “universal” parts that yield lackluster results. This product DOES NOT fit the standard Golf TSI or TDI.
- Installation Guide
- 5052 Aluminum Multi-piece Rear Diffuser (main plane, left & right planes, forward flat floor)
- 5052 Aluminum Rear Brackets
- 5052 Aluminum Mid Brackets
- 5052 Aluminum Forward Brackets
- 6 High-Impact/Heat-Resistant Replaceable Strakes
- Stainless Steel Metric Hardware with 4 height adjustment combinations to work with most aftermarket exhausts
- Loctite Threadlock
GOOD TO KNOWS!
- Fits Years 2022 (Golf R)
- CFD validated
- Increase MPG's
- Decrease Lift and Drag
- Direct Bolt-on with no modification necessary
- Pre-installed nuts on necessary brackets for painless installation
- CNC Precision machined planes
- CNC Precision machined strakes
- CNC precision machined brackets
- CNC precision press brake bent planes and brackets
- Durable and replaceable strake design
- Beautiful and Durable Powder Coat finish
Unboxing Video by BADGESKINS
We Are Innovators
aerofabb® is proud to offer a fully functional Rear Diffuser for the MK8 Golf R with an innovative, durable, and replaceable strake design.
Rear Diffuser Construction
The aerofabb® Competition Series Rear Diffuser main plane, side planes, and forward flat floor are constructed from a light weight, precision machined 5052 Aluminum which is finished in lightly textured and durable matte black powder coat.
No need to worry about bending or cracking Diffuser Strakes. Our easily replaceable/durable strake design is made from a high-impact/heat-resistant plastic. We look at this component as a “wear” item. This innovative design allows for load to be placed on the strakes if and when there is contact with the roads surface, without sacrificing durability. No need to replace an entire unit if it comes to the point of excessive “wear”.
5052 Aluminum was the choice for our CNC machined/press brake bent brackets with four of them featuring pre-installed nuts for painless installation.
Stainless Steel Metric hardware is used throughout the kit to securely mount and fasten all components together.
Depending on your current exhaust set up, aerofabb® gives you height adjustability in order to accommodate most aftermarket exhausts.
Confirmed Golf R Exhaust Fitment
Real World Testing
A visual tuft test was used during the beginning stages of development in order to confirm our base design worked and air was evacuating as it should. We then made minor but necessary changes to strake size, length, and angle (especially side planes near the rear wheels) to prevent spill over into the main plane.
CFD Optimized Aerodynamics
Using ANSYS Fluent Software for CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) we were able to optimize our design and further validate its functionality. As we are still developing more Competition Series aero (including flat floor panels) we opted to use an Ahmed model to showcase effectiveness until we simulate the entire vehicle with all components once complete.
Ultimately, lift and drag were greatly reduced from the Ahmed base simulations. Other inhibiting factors are taken into account on a real vehicles underbody vs an Ahmed Model however, this is where our additional Competition Series aero comes into play as a balanced packaged to increase their overall effectiveness.
(More data with vehicle modeled will be released once our Competition Series Front Splitter is complete)
VELOCITY STREAMLINE WITHOUT REAR DIFFUSER
- Please refer to our COVID-19 Impact page for price change/shipping delay details.
aerofabb, LLC will accept Returns for items damaged during shipment within 24 hours of delivery. A new replacement item will be sent as a solution.
- If you need to return a damaged item, please Contact Us with your order number and details about the product you purchased. We will respond quickly with instructions on how to return the items from your order.
- Cancelled orders that have not been shipped yet are not eligible for a refund.
- All sales are Final.
- (PRE ORDERS) Product estimated ship date of 6 weeks. Pre-orders cannot be cancelled for any reason.
- Most products have an up to date Lead Time (the time is takes to get a product ready BEFORE shipping) listed in the product description. aerofabb products are in very high demand and we fulfill hundreds on a weekly basis. This lead time allows us to work down the list of orders from oldest to newest and is NOT the time it takes to actually manufacture your product. We try our very best to beat these times when possible.
- (ALL SHIPMENTS) When you place an order, estimated shipping costs and delivery dates will be based on parcel service at the time of purchase. Lead times will need to be factored into the estimated delivery date. (Displayed Lead Time + Parcel Service Delivery Date)
- (INTERNATIONAL SHIPMENTS) aerofabb, LLC is not responsible for Customs Import Fees of any kind upon delivery of a product(s) to the end user.
- Funds WILL NOT be refunded for any shipment that is rejected by the customer. (customs, change of address, etc.)
- Product pricing is displayed in USD (United States Dollar)
- PRICING AND AVAILABILITY ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.