Product estimated ship date of 6 weeks. Order cannot be cancelled for any reason.
Often Imitated, Never Duplicated.
Let us preface by boldly stating this is NOT a universal product, but rather handcrafted to fit the Volkswagen MK7/MK7.5 GTI - Golf R - GTD accurately and specifically. Isn’t that such a refreshing statement? Gone are the days of “universal” parts that yield lackluster results. This product DOES NOT fit the standard Golf TSI or TDI.
- Installation Guide
- 54" 6061 T6 Wing Element
- 6061 T6 Billet Aluminum Airfoil Mounts
- 6061 T6 Billet Aluminum Hatch Mounts
- 6061 T6 Billet Aluminum Uprights
- 5052 Upper Hatch Mounting Bracket
- AoA Adjustable End Plates
- Stainless Metric Torx Hardware
- Loctite Threadlock
- Pre-installed CNC precision knife cut Foam Pads on both Airfoil and Hatch Mounts
GOOD TO KNOWS!
- Fits Years 2015-2021 (GTI, Golf-R, Rabbit, GTD)
- Height measuring in at 1" above tallest point of roof line
- Reduce oversteer and increase stability at higher speeds
- Combat a stiffer suspension set up
- Reduce braking distance
- AoA adjustability 0-12deg in increments of 2deg
- CFD and FEA validated
- CNC precision machined mounts and brackets
- CNC precision press brake bent brackets
- Most innovative and least intrusive mounting system available
- Beautiful and Durable Powder Coat finish
Unboxing Video by BADGESKINS
We Are Innovators
aerofabb® is proud to say that we are the first to develop a fully functional Rear Wing Kit for the MK7/MK7.5 GTI-R-GTD with such a unique design and mounting system.
Rear Wing Kit Construction
The aerofabb® Competition Series Rear Wing Kit is constructed from precision CNC machined 6061 T6 Billet Aluminum Uprights, Hatch Mounts, and Airfoil Mounts which are finished in a smooth and durable matte black powder coat. Both the Airfoil and Hatch Mounts feature pre-attached precision CNC knife cut foam mounting pads to reduce vibration, eliminate any metal on paint contact, and create a weather proof seal. The Hatch Mounts match the rear hatch contour and body line precisely making for an even load distribution which avoids deformation of the hatch skin.
The Upper Hatch Mounting bracket fits in place of the OEM third brake light without modification to the OEM Spoiler. This design choice while sleek and innovative, was also the LEAST intrusive and most secure mounting approach vs other offerings.
The Wing Element is a rigid, lightweight, 6061 T6 Aluminum airfoil with a span of 54" and a chord length of approximately 10", finished in a lightly textured, durable, matte black powder coat.
The endplates are constructed from a U.S made, High-Impact Plastic which comes in a durable, lightly textured, Matte Black Finish.
Countersunk Stainless Steel Metric Torx hardware is used throughout the kit to securely mount and fasten all components together. Durable and weatherproof black plastic washers are utilized on the Wing Elements AoA adjustment points to eliminate marring of the powder coated finish.
Depending on your current aero, suspension set-up/rake, or track of choice, aerofabb® gives you AoA adjustability on both the Wing Element and Endplates from 0-12deg in increment of 2deg.
CFD Optimized Aerodynamics
Using ANSYS Fluent Software for CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) we were able to optimize our design and validate its functionality. Our FEA validated, 6061 T6 Billet Aluminum Swan Neck Uprights support the wing from above, leaving the low pressure zone smooth and free of any interference. (More data with vehicle modeled will be released once our Competition Series Front Splitter is complete)
FEA Optimized Mounting System
FEA (Finite Element Analysis) software was used to reduce weight and validate that the mounting components where still able to maintain the load, stress, and stability needed to function properly.
- Please refer to our COVID-19 Impact page for price change/shipping delay details.
aerofabb, LLC will accept Returns for items damaged during shipment within 24 hours of delivery. A new replacement item will be sent as a solution.
- If you need to return a damaged item, please Contact Us with your order number and details about the product you purchased. We will respond quickly with instructions on how to return the items from your order.
- Cancelled orders that have not been shipped yet are not eligible for a refund.
- All sales are Final.
- (PRE ORDERS) Product estimated ship date of 6 weeks. Pre-orders cannot be cancelled for any reason.
- Most products have an up to date Lead Time (the time is takes to get a product ready BEFORE shipping) listed in the product description. aerofabb products are in very high demand and we fulfill hundreds on a weekly basis. This lead time allows us to work down the list of orders from oldest to newest and is NOT the time it takes to actually manufacture your product. We try our very best to beat these times when possible.
- (ALL SHIPMENTS) When you place an order, estimated shipping costs and delivery dates will be based on parcel service at the time of purchase. Lead times will need to be factored into the estimated delivery date. (Displayed Lead Time + Parcel Service Delivery Date)
- (INTERNATIONAL SHIPMENTS) aerofabb, LLC is not responsible for Customs Import Fees of any kind upon delivery of a product(s) to the end user.
- Funds WILL NOT be refunded for any shipment that is rejected by the customer. (customs, change of address, etc.)
- Product pricing is displayed in USD (United States Dollar)
- PRICING AND AVAILABILITY ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.