Product estimated ship date of 8-10 weeks. Order cannot be cancelled for any reason. MK7.5 GTI and MK7R may experience extended lead times.
Looking for Front Splitter accessories or replacement parts separately? View our Front Splitter Accessories / Replacement Parts.
The most Advanced, Functional, and Durable Front Splitter for the MQB Platform, period.
Please view the .pdf below for a in depth look at the performance and data of this product.
WHAT COMES STANDARD WITH A BASE KIT?
- Front Splitter Blade
- Chassis Mount Bracket System
- Air dam
- Stainless Steel / Aluminum Hardware
WHAT DOES NOT COME STANDARD WITH A BASE KIT
Our cooling ducts feed both the oil pan and transmission casing with high velocity air to aid in maintaining lower operating temperatures experienced during competitive driving. The leading mouths of the cooling ducts are also milled into the splitter blade for an ideal surface transition. We recommend combining these ducts with our Rearward Tray for increased functionality.
Our end plates with integrated dive planes help drive the aerobalance forward with a downforce boost upwards of 7%. With a minimal drag penalty, vortices are generated and travel down the side of the car acting as a barrier by keeping high pressure air around the car from entering the low-pressure region under the car.
Increase downforce, reduce drag, and add a layer of protection to your oil pan/transmission casing by adding more flat bottom surface area to the underside of your car. We recommend combining with our Engine / Trans Cooling Ducts for increased functionality.
With lower offset wheels and larger tires exposed beyond the body of the car, these tire spats help to keep air from entering the turbulence caused by their rotation, ultimately reducing drag. We recommend combining these tire spats with our Front Splitter End Plates for increased functionality.
Our skid pucks feature a low drag NACA profile and help protect your front splitter blade from making contact with the asphalt which can result in unwanted wear.
GOOD TO KNOWS!
- Fits Years 2015-2021 (GTI, Golf-R).
- Increase front end downforce for better high speed stability and cornering.
- The Front Splitter produced a net of 179.71 lbf's at 100mph with our Rear Diffuser installed and Rear Wing AoA at 0°.
- No need to remove crash bar for installation.
- Designated horn relocation (no bending factory brackets out of the way)
- Feed your Rear Diffuser cleaner air.
- Modular Design with recessed pockets giving flush surface transitions for all add-ons .
- Integrated Diffuser Ramps.
- Pockets milled on top side to remove unnecessary weight.
- 15mm of height adjustability in increments of 5mm.
- Pre installed rivet-nuts in the Splitter Blade for easy install/removal of accessories.
- Pre installed press-nuts in all brackets.
- Entire Blade and can be uninstalled with the removal of only 4 bolts on each end.
- Designed within the "aero rulesets" for the most commonly entered competitive classes.
- Fully Optioned blade and all bracketry (not including Rearward Tray) weighing in at only 27.2 lbs. The optional 0.125" aluminum Rearward Tray adds an additional 7lbs.
- Cannot confirm fitment with front mount intercoolers
Minimally Intrusive Chassis Mounting System
Since we were able to design the bracket system on the MK7/MK7.5 Golf R and MK7/MK7.5 GTI prior to release, we were able to make necessary design changes in order to accommodate the apparent differences between the R and GTI like oil coolers and bumper ducting. No need to remove the front crash bar, take out your tape measurer, or even bend your factory horn brackets out of the way to install. The only modification made is some trimming on the splash tray which attaches to your front bumper (NOT THE BUMPER ITSELF). By utilizing pre-existing holes on the bottom of your factory crash bar, you can install our height adjustable chassis mount brackets in no time!
Be fast and look good while doing it
Just because its functional doesn't mean it cant look good :) When it comes to any product we put our name on, we take a lot of pride in our attention to detail, and this front splitter is absolutely no exception. Every aspect of the splitter blade has been accounted for during the design process. The material is beautifully machined with diffuser ramps, pockets, counterbores, countersinks, and chamfers where need be. Expect nothing but the best when it comes to fit and finish.
Front Splitter Kit Construction
The aerofabb® Competition Series Front Splitter blade is constructed from a 0.5", U.S. Made, lightweight , high-impact, UV resistant plastic. We have tested nearly every material under the sun and we believe this choice is superior over many other options like aluminum, aluminum composites, wood, and even carbon fiber for this specific application.
To stay within regulations and squeeze the most performance out of your Front Splitter, aerofabb® has given you a height adjustability of up to 15mm in increments of 5mm.
CFD / Real World Optimized Aerodynamics
Using ANSYS Fluent Software for CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) and real world testing on track, we were able to optimize our design and validate its functionality. Please view the .pdf below for a in depth look at the performance and data of this product.
- Please refer to our COVID-19 Impact page for price change/shipping delay details.
aerofabb, LLC will accept Returns for items damaged during shipment within 24 hours of delivery. A new replacement item will be sent as a solution.
- If you need to return a damaged item, please Contact Us with your order number and details about the product you purchased. We will respond quickly with instructions on how to return the items from your order.
- Cancelled orders that have not been shipped yet are not eligible for a refund.
- All sales are Final.
- (PRE ORDERS) Product estimated ship date of 6 weeks. Pre-orders cannot be cancelled for any reason.
- Most products have an up to date Lead Time (the time is takes to get a product ready BEFORE shipping) listed in the product description. aerofabb products are in very high demand and we fulfill hundreds on a weekly basis. This lead time allows us to work down the list of orders from oldest to newest and is NOT the time it takes to actually manufacture your product. We try our very best to beat these times when possible.
- (ALL SHIPMENTS) When you place an order, estimated shipping costs and delivery dates will be based on parcel service at the time of purchase. Lead times will need to be factored into the estimated delivery date. (Displayed Lead Time + Parcel Service Delivery Date)
- (INTERNATIONAL SHIPMENTS) aerofabb, LLC is not responsible for Customs Import Fees of any kind upon delivery of a product(s) to the end user.
- Funds WILL NOT be refunded for any shipment that is rejected by the customer. (customs, change of address, etc.)
- Product pricing is displayed in USD (United States Dollar)
- PRICING AND AVAILABILITY ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.